Android is the largest operating system in the mobile app market. People who are dedicated to developing Android mobile applications must have a good command of the Java language, as well as other programming languages. However, not everyone has the basics and it is difficult for them to get acquainted with the native languages of programming.
So, the question arises, can we develop apps on Android without having to use Java and Android Studio? Google made available to those just starting out in app development a developer support page: developer.android.com. Where you can get all the required information (videos, forums, tutorials, etc.) to be able to develop apps on Android.
Before we move on to five different ways of developing mobile apps for android, we must know the different types of apps, what are their advantages and disadvantages.
TYPES OF APPS WE CAN DIFFERENTIATE THE FOLLOWING TYPES OF APPS:
Native App: A native application is one that is developed specifically for a certain operating system, called the Software Development Kit or SDK. Each of the platforms, Android, iOS or Windows Phone, have a different system, so if you want your app to be available on all platforms, you must create several apps with the language of the selected operating system.
- 1. Full access to the device.
- 2. Better user experience.
- 3. Visibility on the App Store.
- 4. Sending notifications or “notices” to users.
- 5. The update of the app is constant.
- 1. Different skills / languages / tools for each platform.
- 2. They tend to be more expensive to develop.
- 3. The client code is not reusable between the different platforms.
It is a version of the website optimized and adaptable to any mobile device. In other words, it is a page that can be opened from the browser of any terminal regardless of the operating system you use. This optimization is possible thanks to HTML5 and CSS3. Web applications are executed within the device’s own web browser through a URL. For example, in Safari, if it is the iOS platform. The content adapts to the screen acquiring an APP navigation aspect.
- 1. The same reusable base code across multiple platforms.
- 2. Simpler and cheaper development process.
- 3. They do not need any external approval to be published (unlike native ones to be visible in the app store).
- 4. The user always has the latest version.
- 5. Already designed “responsive” sites can be reused.
- 1. Requires internet connection.
- 2. Very limited access to the hardware elements and features of the device.
- 3. The user experience (navigation, interaction, …) and the response time is less than in a native app.
- 4. It requires more effort in promotion and visibility.
- 1. It is possible to distribute it in the iOS h Android stores.
- 3. The same base code for multiple platforms.
- 4. Access to part of the device hardware.
- 1. User experience more typical of the web application than the native app.
- 2. Visual design not always related to the operating system in which it is displayed.
Progressive Web App: These applications are very new. In very simplistic terms, they are web pages that behave like native applications. More technically, it could be said that “it is a term given to a new generation of applications that increase their functionality, as the capabilities of the device they are running on the increase, hence the word progressive.
As for the business model of an App, we find three possibilities: free with advertising, freemium and paid, the latter case reaching a penetration of 35%, which we observe that they consider the experience in a positive way and are more open to repeat the model.
It is a platform developed by Google Labs so that more people join programming apps on Android. Its environment is totally visual in which it is not even necessary to write codes to develop apps on Android. You can now download it from the web.
On this platform you can develop apps on Android, iOS, Linux and Windows, in addition to programming websites and servers. The only thing you should have is a basic knowledge of this tool and programming on Android.
App builders have gained much popularity in the past few years as they provide the Saas for creating apps where you don’t require any coding knowledge for creating mobile apps. There are several app builders in the market but if you choose the right one you can create apps within few minutes.
For example: APPSTYLO is the must use app builder that provides intuitive designs and pre-built templates for creating mobile apps. You can just drag and drop components for creating your app layout making it the most used app maker.
With this This platform for developing apps has more than one and a half million active users and more than 20 thousand applications developed. tool you can learn to develop mobile apps easily. Large digital firms such as eBay and PayPal develop their mobile applications from this platform.
Basic 4 Android
This environment is intended for those Android developers who are just starting to create apps. Its environment is more graphic and less abstract, that is, you can see the progress as programs.
We would highly recommend you using the best free app builder as your priority. These are the best-known platforms that will allow you to create your own Android application. Put your knowledge of app development into practice and beat those who are unbeatable.