When changing your mobile device or card, it is very common that you have to change your WhatsApp number, but you should not worry! There is the option not to lose your chats or your contacts. For this, you need the phone you are going to use to have an Internet connection available and to be able to receive SMS messages. We tell you how to do it!
Change WhatsApp Phone Number And Keep Chats
The very first thing you should know is that before changing the new SIM or changing the phone, you must carry out some prior steps so that the groups and settings are migrated to the new account. This means that the account will no longer be linked to the old number, the contacts will no longer see you in the contact lists with that number.
With your usual number:
- Open WhatsApp and click on the icon with the three dots to access “Settings”.
- Click on the photo of your profile.
- Click on your phone number.
- You will enter the WhatsApp number change settings. Read everything well and click “next”.
- Enter the new number and select the option to notify contacts of the change if that is what you want.
After the process WhatsApp will change your number, so you will have to verify it by introducing the new card or changing the terminal.